Friday, November 9, 2007

This Mountain of Mine By: Vickie L. Shrewsbury

Trapped between the old and new
In awe of what things I could do
If I had more money, and had more time
I would build upon this mountain of mine.

I run with laughter and a merry heart
Climbing to unknown faces there,
No compass or map to get back home
I'm a pioneer in a world of my own.

The terrain is steep, I stop to rest
Annoyed by the pounding in my chest.
Is the path I left behind still there?
I kept climbing, and didn't care!

Oh the beauty of open spaces!
Grassy hills and shady places!
Dividing each patch with split-rail fences
Photo's image, no match for the senses!

What drives me to this place and why?
Its physical beauty, I cannot deny,
Spiritually healing and effervescent,
With every visit, my mood more pleasant!

No comments:

taguig, manila, Philippines
seeking God's perfect creations