Sunday, October 7, 2007

There Is A Mountain Somewhere Near

There is a mountain somewhere near
The harbor of our love
Where I can go sometimes to view
Our marriage from above.




I see the vastness of the sea
Outside our sheltered bay,
With boats like toys upon the flat
Bare corrugated gray.



I see the shadows of the clouds,
An archipelago
That neither wind nor current breaks,
Nor charts of sea depths show.



I see the green of nearby hills,

The gardens on our land,
The cultivated wildness

Of nature shaped by hand.





I see the waves sweep up against the rocks upon our shore,
The white spume leaping, oh, so slow; the heart awaiting more.

And all the peace of happiness and passion sharp for life
Come slanting bright across the sky because you are my wife.

No comments:

taguig, manila, Philippines
seeking God's perfect creations